Peer Pressure: Hero Rancher
Displaying 1-5 of 5 total.
Please enter a numerical value for the importance of this sticky.
Enter 0 to unsticky.
mcgrue

Well, since there's been like two demo releases in recent days here, why not join the crowd:

http://www.egometry.com/xyzzy/hero/2003_06_23_1.zip

It's just a stupid tech demo I whipped up, mostly in a 2-day-straight binge. Hhan has a simple little battle system spec made, but I probably won't continue it until I have a solution to the large-chr/small-entity-obstruction deal.

it's fairly neat code-wise, with a cobbled together image rendering engine based on aen's Image and Animation psuedo-objects.

To initiate a battle, talk to one of the monsters in the row of monsters. I think in this version you can only attack one of your own party members to trigger the battle resolution mockup...

It's not done by any means, but it was a little dumb project Hahn, Toen, and I came up with. Stalled mainly due to the fact that I didn't want to do tileart as well as code, and Esk bailed on the artisting after making the tiles you see there. :(

The concept was to be a monster-rancher/pokemon type game with Shining-Force style team battles... but instead of captureing breeding monsters, you capture wild heros and breed them together. Did you know that when a Fighter and a Thief make a baby, it's a Ninja? ;)

-Grue

I am the dark wielder of Occam's Nodachi.... and I have come for your plans!

Posted on 2004-02-07 02:27:15

basil

Pretty swish for a 2 day effort. Is this a discontinued tangent or are we seeing a work in progress here?

Posted on 2004-02-09 01:20:38

Ratgash

I like those textboxes, really neat. Heh, breeding heroes instead of monsters is an...interesting idea. :)

Posted on 2004-02-09 02:22:26

mcgrue

It will be continued when I find an elegant solution to an annoying problem involving chr size and obstruction, and find someone that wants to do the art.

I am not activly seeking the solution, however, because my 'dance card' is full. However, the system Hahn cooked up for me is too simple and fun to not do! :)

Posted on 2004-02-09 14:48:53

mcgrue

Also, what I had of the battle system was the 2-day coding orgy. The textboxes and menus and art took an idle week or two.

Posted on 2004-02-09 14:51:29

Displaying 1-5 of 5 total.

Newest messages

Ben McGraw's lovingly crafted this website from scratch for years.
It's a lot prettier this go around because of Jon Wofford.
Verge-rpg.com is a member of the lunarnet irc network, and would like to take this opportunity to remind you that regardless how babies taste, it is wrong to eat them.